32 HR & D&I Leaders In 1 Inspiring Day Reveal New Strategies To Revolutionise Your D&I Approaches & Embed Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging In This New Reality! For Group Discounts, Please Call + 44 (0) 203 479 2299.
Bring About Real, Lasting Change & Drive Performance With Inclusive Cultures, Engaged Leaders & Powerful Staff Networks To Practically Embed Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Within Organisations.
Go Beyond The Buzzwords & Create Truly Inclusive Cultures, Develop Unbiased Recruitment, Pay Reporting & Progression Strategies, Engage Leaders, Incorporate Intersectionality, Protect Employee Mental Health & Build Powerful Staff Networks & Mentoring. A One-Day, Industry-Led Virtual Conference & Networking Event, 21st April 2021, Online
08.50 Log In, Watch The GIC Welcome Video & Explore The App
09.05 Morning Chair’s Welcome & Opening Remarks
Pamela Brown, Head of Diversity & Inclusion, West Midlands Ambulance Service
INTRODUCTION - 2020 LESSONS LEARNT
09.15 Going Beyond The Buzzwords: Embed D&I Into The Organisation
Following 2020, diversity and inclusion is on every company’s “bucket” list. It is being incorporated into employer branding strategies and is seen as an approach to boost approval ratings and company image. BUT, how can we, as D&I and HR professionals, ensure that it is so much more than just a buzzword? How do we ensure our work really becomes part of the organisational DNA, makes a significant positive impact on individuals in our business and lays the foundations for the working world of tomorrow?
Tiger de Souza, Volunteering, Participation & Inclusion Director, National Trust
CREATING INCLUSIVE CULTURES – PANEL DISCUSSION & Q&A
09.35 Proactively Advance Your Inclusion Strategies & Build Open Cultures Which Support & Engage Every Employee
- All about the “right fit”… prove this “fit” works two ways by considering the needs of your current, and future, employees to build a business that accommodates everyone
- Create business cultures where people of difference can not only bring their authentic selves to work, but thrive, contribute, and shape organisational direction
- Strong allies and advocates are not made overnight! Develop D&I initiatives which are open to all colleagues to battle indifference, break down barriers and establish unified workforces
Marta Pajon-Fustes, Head of Technical, Inclusion & Diversity, innocent drinks
Michael Anaman, Head of Service Delivery & Inclusion, NOW TV
Nicole Zube, Senior HR Director, European Supply Chain & Inclusion & Diversity, Kellogg Company
Ira Read, Director of Diversity & Inclusion, pladis
Sarah McPake, Head of Talent, Insights & Inclusion, TSB Bank
SNAPSHOT: PROTECTED CHARACTERISTIC CASE STUDY
10.05 Exploring The Complexities Of Trans, Gender Identity, Intersectionality & Authenticity & The Role Of Allies
- From realisation to rewards, hear from Pips Bunce, Director at Credit Suisse and her inspiring journey, navigating the financial services world as a person of difference
- Trans 101: one size doesn’t fit all! Explore the complexities within the transgender umbrella and the nuanced spectrum of gender identity, expression, biological sex and sexual orientation
- Allyship: make the uncomfortable comfortable, celebrate courage and challenge the conventional to build the foundations of a supportive work environment
- The value of valuing diversity: celebrating and championing diversity doesn’t just have a human impact but a business impact too
- We know it’s important to further education, understanding and support diversity, but what are the tangible steps we can take?
Pips Bunce, Director/ Head of Investment Bank Technology Strategic Programs, Credit Suisse
10.25 Morning Coffee Break & Informal Networking
ENGAGE LEADERS, PROVE IMPACT
10.55 D&I Has Been Making The Headlines, But How Can You Prove D&I Is Not An Optional Extra, Even In A Recession, & Ensure It Stays Firmly On The Corporate Agenda?
- During difficult economic times, and as businesses tighten belts, how can you guarantee leaders commit to ongoing D&I support and allocate budget, resources and time?
- Produce passionate inclusion champions amongst your leaders who go above and beyond to empower employees and push D&I initiatives forwards
- The business and human impact: demonstrate the positive correlation of high inclusion to employee wellbeing, retention, performance and business success
Shelley Bishton, Head of Creative Diversity, News UK
11.15 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner. For more information on how to get involved, please call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERSECTIONALITY - PANEL DISCUSSION & Q&A
11.35 One Size Doesn’t Fit All! Raise The Profile Of Intersectionality To Drive Holistic D&I Strategies
- Increase awareness of intersectionality to fully incorporate it into your existing D&I strategy
- What are the steps to take existing, established, initiatives or staff networks and open them up to include individuals with multiple protected characteristics?
- From laser focus to holistic approach: what can we do to offer greater support to individuals who may be carrying a greater ‘emotional tax’?
Misel Ahom, Global Diversity & Inclusion Director, Beiersdorf
Paul Deemer, Head of Diversity & Inclusion, NHS Employers
Alvine Trémoulet, Global D&I Lead, Pfizer
Arun Verma, Senior Advisor, Co-Chair BME Network, Save the Children
12.05 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner. For more information on how to get involved, please call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 or email email@example.com
12.25 Lunch Break & Informal Networking
12.45 Informal Networking Lounge Discussion Conversations
A) How To Transcend Diversity Through Inclusion & Belonging
Anna Mouchref, Head of Culture & Diversity, Siemens Digital Industries
B) Building The Business Case For D&I
Åsa Nilsson Billme, Head of Business Diversity & Inclusion Strategy & Planning, Nordea
C) Psychological Safety & Inclusion
Liz Douglas, Head of HR – Corporate Functions, Inclusion & Diversity, Anglo American
13.25 Afternoon Chair’s Welcome & Opening Remarks
Theresa Palmer, Global Head of Diversity & Inclusion, BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
FACILITATED BREAKOUT DISCUSSION
13.35 Facilitated Breakout Discussion
A) Protected Characteristic Discussion – RACE
Paulette Balson, Chairperson of BAME, Tesco
B) Protected Characteristic Discussion – LGBT
Laura Coombs-Fellowes, Diversity & Inclusion Senior Consultant, Jaguar Land Rover
C) Protected Characteristic Discussion – DIFFERENTLY ABLED
Kevin Bowsher, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Lead, Mace
D) Protected Characteristic Discussion – SOCIAL MOBILITY
Silke Heinrichs, Head of Diversity & Inclusion, Roche Diagnostics GmBh
E) Protected Characteristic Discussion – NEURODIVERSITY
Helen Townend, Technical Director for Inclusion, Amey
MENTAL HEALTH - DOUBLE PERSPECTIVE
13.55 As The Pandemic Shines A Spotlight On Employee Mental Health & Wellbeing, How Can We Create An Open Dialogue To Support Staff & Shake The Mental Health Taboo?
- How can we remove the stigma at work and create a culture of trust to empower staff to speak up, disclose their mental health needs and receive support?
- With more than 1 in 5 employees having resorted to calling in sick due to workplace stress, what are the proactive measures D&I and HR professionals can take to improve employee wellbeing and increase productivity?
- As remote working endures, what can we do to replace those ‘watercooler chat’ moments and spot colleagues struggling to actively reach out for help?
13.55 Perspective One
Laura Bradley, POS Manager & Mental Health & Neurodiversity Campaign Lead, Mondelēz International
14.15 Perspective Two
Dr. Stephanie Fitzgerald, Senior Business Partner - Mental Health, Rolls Royce
UNBIASED RECRUITMENT & PROGRESSION – DOUBLE PERSPECTIVE
14.35 From Job Posting To Interviews, To Onboarding & Progression: Increase Workplace Diversity With Inclusive Recruitment & Talent Pipelining Strategies
- Social mobility in action! Review your selection criteria to widen the talent pool and refresh internal perception of which attributes the “best person for the job” actually has
- You can’t just expect people to come to you! Write inclusive job adverts which proactively appeal to people of difference and demonstrate how your organisation could be their next career step
- Take advantage of software to remove human unconscious bias from recruitment, pool a strong, diverse list of candidates and train hiring managers on how to see the individual, not their characteristics
- Not just for the grassroots: recruitment and progression strategies which achieve tangible career development and champion visible difference in leadership roles
- Pivot recruitment and onboarding strategies to ensure that the remote hiring process still promotes inclusivity and allows new starters to bring their whole selves to work
- What does success look like? Benchmark progress to review your recruitment and talent strategies to drive ongoing improvement
14.35 Perspective One
Nerys Thomas, Head of Inclusion & Diversity, Leonardo
14.55 Perspective Two
Mark Lomas, Head of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion, HS2 Ltd.
PAY GAP REPORTING
15.15 Equal Work, Equal Pay? Drill Into The Detail Of Your Organisational Pay To Unearth Discrepancies, Report Transparently & Identify Opportunities To Close The Pay Gap Across The Board
- Following the publication of the gender pay gap report, what impact have you seen on your organisation’s culture, reputation and the wider industry?
- If you haven’t historically captured data on broader protected characteristics - what steps can you take to gain the trust of your workforce to disclose their characteristics and prepare your organisation for pay reporting on race and disabilities?
- With so much sensitivity around pay reporting, how can you communicate this effectively to staff?
- As awareness of intersectionality increases, how can we address the problem for people who may be disadvantaged by the pay gap in multiple ways?
Loraine Martins, Director of Diversity & Inclusion, Network Rail
15.35 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner. For more information on how to get involved, please call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
15.55 Afternoon Coffee Break & Informal Networking
POWERFUL NETWORKS & REVERSE MENTORING - PANEL DISCUSSION
16.25 Create A Workplace Community! Develop Supportive Staff Networks Which Drive Inclusion & Reverse Mentoring Which Fosters Education & Breaks Down Organisational Barriers
- HR or staff led? Top tips for setting up, and maintaining, successful staff networks and reverse mentoring
- How can you encourage everyone to get involved – from senior leadership to allies and inclusion champions?
- What benefits have organisations and individuals seen from introducing networks and reverse mentoring?
Ama Ocansey, UK Head of Diversity & Inclusion, BNP Paribas
Laura Heeley Archer, Senior Governance & Planning Manager, HomeServe
Kevin Bowsher, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Lead, Mace
Claire Parker, Senior Diversity & Inclusion Manager, Britvic Soft Drinks Ltd
Kate Richardson, Head of Inclusion & Wellbeing, Quilter
16.55 Afternoon Chair’s Closing Remarks
17.00 Close Of Conference
Global Insight Conferences is a rapidly-expanding and highly entrepreneurial conference company. We only employ individuals who are passionate about conferences, passionate about their personal growth and performance and passionate about being the best. Please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.