27 HR & D&I Leaders In 1 Inspiring Day Reveal New Strategies To Revolutionise Your D&I Approaches & Embed Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging In This New Reality! For Group Discounts, Please Call + 44 (0) 203 479 2299.
Fuel The Future Of D&I With Strategies Which Drive Momentum, Embed Inclusive, High-Performance Cultures & Leadership & Bring About Tangible, Lasting Change: Innovative Inclusion, Diversity & Belonging Strategies To Drive Real Action & Results Within Organisations. A VIRTUAL, One-Day, Industry-Led Conference & Networking Event, 23rd September 2021. Group Discounts Available! Please call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 for more details.
08.50 Log In, Watch The GIC Welcome Video & Explore The App
09.00 Morning Chair’s Welcome & Opening Remarks
Lucy Adler, She/Her, Head of Inclusion & Diversity, Commercial Banking, Lloyds Banking Group
Ian Adams, Director of Membership & Stakeholder Engagement, NHS Resolution
REAL LIFE VS THE BUZZ
09.10 Maintain Momentum, Embed D&I Into Organisational DNA… OK Great, But How?
Wow! Inclusion and diversity are certainly buzzwords and more front of mind for so many people than ever before, which is great! But this is real life, not buzzwords and the pandemic has only increased the complexity of our task. With greater visibility comes greater criticism and it can feel exhausting to try to fix the world in one go… so when you can’t do right for being wrong, how can you overcome fatigue and keep momentum going?
Thinking outside the box doesn’t come easy… where are there actually opportunities to flip inclusion strategies on their head to prevent stale approaches, achieve different results and visibly see the impact on your workforce’s happiness and productivity?
Alvine Trémoulet, Global D&I Lead, Pfizer
INCLUSIVE CULTURES – Q&A PANEL
09.30 Develop Inclusive Company Cultures: Engage Every Employee & Welcome Their Whole Selves With C-Suite Champions & Visible Representation, Staff Networks & Strong, Enthusiastic Allies Throughout The Organisation
- Welcome on board! Clearly outline the culture you want to create during onboarding so colleagues can see support evidenced and engage with initiatives from day one
- The company is not just the “office workers”: how can you foster inclusivity amongst front-line workers and keep the spark alive for deskless or hybrid colleagues?
- What about when areas of your business culture aren’t up to scratch? How can you create more allies when people are focused on their busy day-to-day?
- This isn’t a one-way street! Culture cannot just be dictated, so how can you empower everyone in the organisation to help shape it?
David Jenkins, He/Him, Client Director & ED&I Business Champion UK & Europe, Atkins, member of the SNC-Lavelin Group
Debs Chapman, She/Her, Director of Reward, Inclusion & Colleague Experience, The Very Group
Lynne Connolly, Global Head of Diversity & Inclusion, Standard Life Aberdeen plc
Polly Williams, Head of Diversity & Inclusion, Royal Academy of Engineering
Jen Veevers, She/Her, Head of Employee Experience, Engagement & Inclusion, Virgin Media
COVID: IMPACT ON SOCIETY, IMPACT ON ORGANISATIONS
10.00 How Can Organisations Proactively Counter The Impact Of COVID On Individuals & Fuel Social Mobility Through Inclusive Hiring, Training & Employee Support Programmes?
- With young people, women and people of colour disproportionately affected by the impact of COVID, how can businesses best drive support and protect
long-term talent pipelines?
- Laying long-term foundations… from laptops for schoolchildren to apprenticeship or care-leavers programmes, how can your organisation actively nurture the talent of the future?
- Working from home has been challenging for some – and a gift for others! Embed flexible working into your long-term employee strategy to offer the best of both worlds
Laura Heeley-Archer, Senior Governance & Planning, Manager, HomeServe
10.20 Morning Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
10.50 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner Courageous Success
#beyourselfatwork Courageous Success, the creators of iAM, will share the results of the very first global survey into being yourself at work.
INTERSECTIONALITY - Q&A PANEL
11.10 Difference Cannot Be Seen Through One Lens! Translate Targeted Networks & Initiatives Into Holistic Approaches Which Cater To Intersectionality, Nuances & Allow Greater Participation
- People aren’t boxes! Pivot your organisation and D&I engagement to reflect the many lived experiences and the additional pressures some people experience
- Explore the greatest hurdles to looking at diversity holistically… and the steps you can take to break down the barriers
- Where are we losing people in our D&I efforts? Prevent individuals missing out on the support and engagement they need
Edleen John, She/Her, International Relations, Corporate Affairs & Co-Partner for Equality, Diversity & Inclusion, The Football Association
Israil Bryan, Regional Head of Diversity & Inclusion, EMEAA, Standard Chartered Bank
Marc McKenna Coles, He/Him/His, EMEA Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Lead, Spotify
Isabella Chan, She/Her, Head of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion, University of the Arts London
BEYOND BUSINESS: MAKING A DIFFERENCE
11.40 Go Beyond The Scope Of Business To Bring About Real, Societal Impact
Black boxes on Instagram. Press announcements backing BLM. Blocking hateful accounts on Twitter. Consumers have a laser focus on what organisations are doing in terms of their inclusion and diversity strategies, but how much is paying lip service and how much has translated into real, systemic change?
This goes beyond the realm of HR to carefully examine everything from supplier relationships to advertising and product design… so what can we do to help foster a D&I-first, truly human-centric company culture which doesn’t just conform to the status quo? How can we prove that diversity and inclusion is NOT just for D&I and HR professionals? We can’t take it all on ourselves, so how do we find, and win over change champions throughout the business to bring about real, societal impact?
Caroline Rhodes, She/Her, Global I&D Director & HR Director, HR, CR & Legal, Diageo
12.00 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner
12.20 Peer-To-Peer Breakout Discussions
Sam Pearce, Head of Employee Engagement, Balfour Beatty
Scott Williams, Project Manager, Balfour Beatty
Felicity de la Torre, Head of Diversity & Inclusion, Kier Group
Anastasia Karageorghis, DIBE Lead, Graze
12.40 Lunch For Delegates, Speakers & Partners
13.40 Afternoon Co-Chairs’ Opening Remarks
Owen Marks, Head of Rare Diseases UK, Pfizer
Lisa Jane Gillespie, Head of Diversity, Equality & Inclusion, DK
13.50 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner
Debs Chapman, Director of Reward, Inclusion & Colleague Experience, Bright Horizons Work+Family Solutions
14.10 Remove The Stigma, Remove The Hurdles: Proactive Strategies To Create Open Dialogues & Support Employee Mental Health
- As mental health is increasingly placed centre stage, how can businesses play their role in providing support, breaking the ‘taboo’ of talking about mental health and wellbeing at work and provide direct avenues to help struggling colleagues?
- Mental health days, first aiders, counselling services… what does good mental health support look like in practice?
- Following lockdown after lockdown and the slow “return” to our new hybrid ways of working, how can we actively look after our teams and maintain the support needed?
Speaker To Be Announced
LEADERSHIP: GO BEYOND BUZZWORDS
14.30 Recession-Proof Inclusion Strategies To Ensure Leaders Dedicate Time, Effort & Resources & Push For Meaningful Impact
- Mentoring, sponsorship, interaction: how can leadership actively take a role in developing the careers of people of difference throughout the organisation?
- Lead by example! Whether visible representation or strong allies, produce passionate inclusion champions amongst leadership who go above and beyond to empower employees and push initiatives forwards
- What does inclusive leadership look like in a digital age and how will it continue to evolve?
- Demonstrate the human and business impact of D&I on wellbeing, retention, performance to secure ongoing backing
Barry Boffy He/Him, Head of Inclusion & Diversity, British Transport Police
14.50 Afternoon Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
UNBIASED RECRUITMENT & PROGRESSION
15.20 Hire For Success! Revolutionise Recruitment Practices To Widen Talent Pools, Attract Diverse Talent & Create Pipelines Where People Can See Their Future With The Business
- How can you interrupt the usual hiring process to actually step away from what you know, and take a fresh approach? What opportunities are there to
drive true innovation in recruitment?
- Who is it you are looking for? Why do these attributes matter? Reassess selection criteria to broaden the talent pool and proactively appeal to a
wider group of candidates
- Tangible steps to remove human unconscious bias from candidate selection, from software to talent pools to training hiring managers, what actually
delivers the greatest impact?
- People leave businesses because they can’t see their future… reduce turnover and retain staff with visible representation at the top, a focus on L&D and inclusive talent pipelining structures
- What does success look like? Benchmark progress to review your recruitment and talent strategies to drive ongoing improvement
Mannie Neville, Resourcing & Talent Manager, The Football Association
PAY REPORTING: BUILD TRUST, DECIPHER DATA
15.40 Same Work = Same Reward? Gain Employee Trust To Report Transparently & Accurately & Identify Opportunities To Close The Pay Gap
- Following the publication of the gender pay gap report, what impact have you seen on your organisation’s culture, reputation and the wider industry?
- If you haven’t historically captured data on broader protected characteristics - what steps can you take to gain the trust of your workforce to disclose their characteristics and prepare your organisation for pay reporting on race and disabilities?
- With so much sensitivity around pay reporting, how can you communicate this effectively to staff?
- As awareness of intersectionality increases, how can we address the problem for people who may be disadvantaged by the pay gap in multiple ways?
16:00 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner
COVID: IMPACT ON SOCIETY, IMPACT ON ORGANISATIONS
16.15 Further Your Staff Networks & Reverse Mentoring Success To Drive Cross-Business Engagement & Fuel D&I Initiatives Throughout The Organisation
- Community first! What are the top tips to ensure successful staff networks and effectively take build their insights and feedback into the business?
- The pros and cons of maintaining network momentum and reverse mentoring relationships while working in a remote or hybrid model
- Working in silo? How can we better align or integrate our staff networks to serve all and address the need for intersectional groups?
- Tearing up the rulebook on how we communicate
Dr Julie Humphreys, Head of Diversity & Inclusion, Reach plc
Raj Morjaria, Head of Diversity & Inclusion, Direct Line Group
Maria St. Louis, Inclusion & Diversity Manager, Channel 4
16.45 Co-Chairs' Closing Remarks
16.55 Official Close Of Conference
Global Insight Conferences is a rapidly-expanding and highly entrepreneurial conference company with a number of graduate job vacancies. We only employ individuals who are passionate about conferences, passionate about their personal growth and performance and passionate about being the best. Please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org